Why Coffee Lids Have Extra Holes and 42 Other Cool Facts
Date: 2019-12-20 11:00:02
So you’re at a gathering of people. What can you say when the conversation starts turning into awkward pauses? How about to give one of the little-known facts a try instead? For example, few people know that in just 30 minutes, our bodies can produce enough combined heat to boil ½ a gallon of water. Tell them about it!
This one is also really cool. You ever wondered why a goat’s pupils look so weird? In fact, the horizontal rectangular shape gives them wider peripheral vision so that they can react faster to approaching danger. In fact, they have a 320° field of vision – you and I only have 120°! Isn’t it amazing? Check out these facts, and you’ll understand that there are still many things in the world that can surprise us! 🤓
Other videos you might like:
65 Quick Facts to Make You the Most Interesting Person in The Room
20 Interesting Facts You’re Too Lazy to Google
25 Amazing Facts You Definitely Didn’t Know
The longest flight of a chicken 0:17
Fish ketchup? 0:41
Why cats don’t eat sweet things 1:11
How much do we sweat? 1:37
How hot you are 2:00
A goat’s pupils 2:16
Queen Elizabeth is a mechanic 3:09
What Tsundoku is 3:20
The most expensive book 3:33
Portland VS. Boston 3:58
Why coffee lids have extra holes 4:08
What space smells like 4:28
The body’s heaviest organ 4:58
A month-less period 5:14
How cold welding works 5:49
Are dogs left-pawed or right-pawed? 6:08
Who has the fastest metabolism 6:42
A fungus that feeds on plastic 7:04
You are mostly made up of space! 7:16
The longest traffic jam 7:32
Why Marie Curie was so cool 8:22
The first non-human to win an Oscar 8:38
#amazingfacts #coolfacts #brightside
– 10 billion ounces of ketchup are sold in the US every year. In miles, that’d be to Pluto and back!
– The world’s largest alphabet is Cambodian, which has 74 letters.
– The fingernails on your dominant hand grow faster. So if you’re a lefty, you might have to clip those ones more often!
– Since we blink about 16 times a minute, our eyes are closed for 10% of our waking hours.
– Penguins are the only birds that can’t fly, but they can swim.
– Bees have a total of 5 eyes – 2 large ones on each side of their head and 3 smaller ones in the center!
– An American newspaper once published a paper titled: “The unsuccessful self-treatment of a case of a writer’s block” – It had a total of zero words.
– Melbourne gave email addresses to 70,000 trees so that people could report updates on their condition.
– When astronaut Harrison Schmitt returned to his space ship, he started having an allergic reaction. As it turned out, he was allergic to moon dust.
– The University of Minnesota is older than the state itself. The institution was founded in 1851, but the state became official 7 years later.
– The moon has no atmosphere and, therefore, no wind. That means the footprints of the Apollo astronauts will stay there for a million years.
– A car-sized asteroid “hits” the Earth every year, but we don’t notice it since it burns up in the atmosphere before it reaches us.
– A snake’s metabolism is so slow that many of them can eat just once a week.
– Polar bears spend half of their lives hunting, yet only 2% of their hunts are successful.
– 5 recycled plastic bottles can create enough fiber to fill one ski jacket.
– The Woolly mammoth was around when the Egyptian Pyramids were built. It completely disappeared from the Arctic 3,700 years ago.
– Chewing gum was invented 300 years ago by the Mayans. Back then, they boiled the sap of a sapodilla tree and chewed it.
Music by Epidemic Sound
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
Stock materials (photos, footages and other):
For more videos and articles visit: